Email notification of resubmitted assignments

Email notification of resubmitted assignments

by Richard Crawford -
Number of replies: 11

We're using Moodle 2.3.2. Is there a way to have an email notification go out to instructors when a student re-submits an assignment? Currently, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Crawford

Re: Email notification of resubmitted assignments

by Richard Crawford -

Or, if this is not possible, is there a reason why this feature does not exist?

by Kerstin Namuth -

We agree, that would be very useful.

We have found that teachers and students expect a notification when any changes are made either in the feedback or the assignment.

Currently teachers keep missing resubmitted assignment.

In reply to Kerstin Namuth

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

How about an indication in the list of assignments when there is something submitted that has not been graded?
Similarly, students are asking for a symbol, or color change, when they have submitted an assignment or taken a quiz.

In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
  1. Direct the students to My Home / My Moodle page ? 
  2. Or else to the course gradebook, or else to their activity reports in their course profiles - if you allow students to access those (default is no)
  3. Or else, add the block "Activities" on the course page - the students will then be able to click on, say. "Assignments" and see status review on all the assignments in the course.
  4. There may still be other ways ...

by Richard Crawford -

Bump.

Based on the lack of response, I'm guessing this is not doable in Moodle, which is a shame because it seems like a natural feature.

Since I've been tasked with building this feature, I'll be posting more detailed questions over in the General Development Forum.

by Przemek Kaszubski -

Hi,

We use Moodle 2.5.1. Resubmissions of assignments forward notifications for teachers just fine.

In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

by Richard Crawford -

Thanks for replying.

Hm, I wonder why it isn't working for our installation of Moodle 2.3.2.?

In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

I am using 2.5.1 and find that notification for resubmissions is not working.

Is there a switch for multiple notifications?

In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

by Przemek Kaszubski -

There is a setting for notifications about late (past the due date but prior to cut-off date) submissions - in my Moodle 2.5.1.

by ben reynolds -

Just to clarify, are you all in this thread using "Require students click submit button" set to Yes?

I understand that saying yes will get you a notification each time the student clicks that button. The process involves teachers switching the status of the assignment back to "Draft."

If you are *not* using that button but allow more than one submission, I believe you will not get notifications of each file upload.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Przemek Kaszubski -
  1. Using online text submission + file submission in some cases (1 file allowed)
  2. Notify graders - Yes
  3. Submit button required - No (= this way the student can update their assignment if they please, and each time I get notified, I think)
  4. BTW - No cutoff date yet specified on some of the assignments, but this point is probably irrelevant.

"If you are *not* using that button but allow more than one submission, I believe you will not get notifications of each file upload." - I have not yet tested for this scenario, but I probably will.

HTH.