Unable to edit Grade boundary in quiz settings

Unable to edit Grade boundary in quiz settings

by Jennifer Needs -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there

I'm having some problems which I can't really explain.

I set up some quizzes weeks ago, including 3 types of Overall feedback, with grade boundaries at 100%, 70% and 40%.  When I go into quiz settings to make any changes, it has somehow forgotten that I had put 70% and 40% into the Grade boundary boxes.  Therefore, when I try to save, I get a message saying I can't leave any gaps (see GradeBoundaryProblem1.PNG).  This is strange, as I know I definitely filled in these boxes months ago.  Anyway, I can just fill them in and save - problem solved (for now at least - but I am wondering whether the figures might disappear again soon!).

But the real problem is that for 2 of my quizzes, the writing in the Feedback sections has completely disappeared, and the Grade boundary box is uneditable.  I cannot click into it to add any figures.  I am attaching GradeBoundaryProblem2.PNG, but you can't really see the problem from the screenshot.  You can see that the Feedback fields are empty, but what you can't see is that it is impossible for me to edit the Grade boundary.  It as if this box has been disabled.

Any ideas?
Many many thanks in advance,
Jenny

Attachment GradeBoundaryProblem1.PNG
Attachment GradeBoundaryProblem2.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jennifer Needs

Re: Unable to edit Grade boundary in quiz settings

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Which Moodle version?

In reply to Tim Hunt

Parthed: Re: Unable to edit Grade boundary in quiz settings

by Jennifer Needs -

Moodle 2.1

Sorry, I should have mentioned that at the outset.

Re: Parthed: Re: Unable to edit Grade boundary in quiz settings

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Then I am afraid that the stock response to that is "That is a very old version that is no longer supported, you need to upgrade".

However, as annoying and unhelpful as that is, it is probably the best advice. 2.1 involved some major changes to the quiz, and there were bugs that had to be fixed. At the very least, you need to upgrade to 2.1.10 (http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Releases#Moodle_2.1 ), but 2.6 is better.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Parthed: Re: Parthed: Re: Unable to edit Grade boundary in quiz settings

by Jennifer Needs -

Thanks, Tim.

Really hoping to upgrade, but the decision is totally out of my hands.

In the mean time, I'll just re-create the quizzes that were affected.  Thank goodness there weren't too many!

Parthed: Re: Parthed: Re: Unable to edit Grade boundary in quiz settings

by Jennifer Needs -

Hi again

I've recreated the quizzes that contained the bug.  Luckily each quiz only had 1 question in it so far, so it wasn't too much work.

Everything was ok for about 5 minutes, and then I went to check another setting, and the feedback had disappeared, just like it had done in my original quizzes.  I will try recreating them again, but if anybody has any ideas, I'd really appreciate them!  I cannot upgrade, so need to find some way of working with what I've got!

Thanks,
Jenny