grading question > options

grading question > options

by Velson Horie -
Number of replies: 4

2.4:

When manually grading, there is an options box to choose to display the number of students, their ordering etc.

However, the options revert to a machine default everytime I move to a new quiz, so need to be reset - again.  Can I specify anywhere, permanently (for me or for my courses), that the display default is : number students = 30; ordering = student name?

I cannot see this in any of the settings from quiz to site admin level.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Velson Horie

Re: grading question > options

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It would be possible to make it work like that, in the same way that some of the other quiz reports store some settings as user_preferences. However, that has not been done yet, and I don't know who has time to do the work.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Velson Horie -

Thank you. We all want our own mods prioritised.

Where are these defaults set in the programme?  At what level are they set, quiz to site?  I shall ask if the administration can adjust them to something more useful (to me).  But altering the defaults for the 000s of other courses on the site seems unlikely.

In reply to Velson Horie

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Oops, that remind me there is an error in the code for the overview report options: it's not the same name that is used to get and set user_preferences for slotmarks. I spotted that one day and failed to create an issue immediately and after that I forgot about it !

Done: MDL-44333

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It looks like you may have created a duplicate of MDL-43833 (but they are not exactly the same). It also looks like you have made more progress in diagnosing the problem.