problem sharing essays

problem sharing essays

by Susan Martin -
Number of replies: 2

Hi--I am using the workshop tool for the first time. Under each essay I have requested that the essay be published and I have then closed the workshop, but students are still unable to access each other's essays--we get a 'Sorry, the requested file could not be found' error when clicking on the link to go to the essay.

This is really inhibiting the gains that I was hoping to get from doing the workshop, so hopefully I have just overlooked something simple?

thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Martin

Re: problem sharing essays

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Susan.

That sounds weird. Your setup sounds correct (submissions/essays marked as to be published, the workshop closed). Can you ask your Moodle administrator to temporarily raise the debugging level to the maximum and then try to repeat? Hopefully some useful error message would appear.
In reply to Susan Martin

Re: problem sharing essays

by Steve Wright -

I'm *completely* confused by the workshop activity and this setting. In moodle docs it says:

"The course facilitator can select some submissions and publish them so they are available to the others at the end of Workshop activity"

But no (clear) instructions how or where this is set.

David says:

"Your setup sounds correct (submissions/essays marked as to be published, the workshop closed)"

But again can't find where/how you set "essays marked to be published"?

Steve

EDIT: Have finally figured this out but took being logged in as a student to see the effects. Slightly surprised how much intervention seems to be needed e.g. starting and closing activity to release results. Lots of room to improve and clarify instructions, if/when I get time I'll try and do so.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)