Language customization error

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 7
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Language customization error

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Please raise the debugging level to the maximum (DEVELOPER) and try that again. We should see more verbose error.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

In reply to Deleted user

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Do you have some add-ons installed?
In reply to David Mudrák

In reply to David Mudrák

by Nikkie Oosterveld -

Hi David,

Not sure if you're still active on this discussion but I also have a problem with the language customization. This is what I see when I turn on the debugging:

Debug info:

Stack trace:

·line 446 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_write_exception thrown

·line 1080 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()

·line 1122 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()

·line 186 of /admin/tool/customlang/locallib.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()

·line 60 of /admin/tool/customlang/index.php: call to tool_customlang_utils::checkout()

I did not install any plugins lately because I recently created the Moodle, I only added the theme essential. Do you have any idea how I can solve this? 

In reply to Nikkie Oosterveld

by David Bezemer -

Hi Nikkie,

please update to the latest version of Essential.
This was indeed a bug with the notification language handling in a previous version, which has now been replaced with proper multilang filtering.
The problem with language customization only occurs when editing languages other than english, and the new version of Essential will resolve this.

David

In reply to David Bezemer

by Nikkie Oosterveld -

Hi David,

Thank you for your response. I'm trying to update the theme but he now gives an error that the plugin files are not writeable (not sure if this is the right translation). So have to fix that first!