LDAP Sync

LDAP Sync

by Stephen Hardy -
Number of replies: 4

Hi All,

I have 2 moodle installations (Both Windows), 1 being on a single server with a MYSQL DB and locally stored MoodleData folder, the other being somewhat different and this is the one I am struggling with.

The 2nd install is a NLB Windows server 2012R2 installation with DFS replication of the Moodle folder in wwwroot, a separate SQL 2012 Server and a MoodleData share on a SAN.

Everything looked setup fine until I have come to setup LDAP authentication. 

The MS SQL DB instance (moodle_DB) collation is set to  SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS, as is the master DB. Moodle sets up fine on this collation, however I get the following issue when running the LDAP Sync:

Got 1613 records from LDAP
!!! Error reading from database !!!
!! SQLState: 42000<br />
Error Code: 468<br />
Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" and "Latin1_General_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

Any idea? I think its to do with the temp table moodle creates being the wrong collation....

Thanks

Stephen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Hardy

Re: LDAP Sync

by Stephen Hardy -

Is there anyway to set the collation on the mdl_tmp_extuser table that moodle seems to use to dump users into first?

by Stephen Hardy -

Any help out there? I've seen methods of setting the temp table collation (The temp SQL DB is set the same as the Moodle_DB DB so it is purely the moodle LDAP sync that is creating tables of the wrong collation) for MYSQL for v1.9 but not for 2.6 and MSSQL

by Stephen Hardy -

* BUMP*

Any help out there?

by Chris Megahan -
Picture of Core developers

Unfortunately I don't think you'll get much community input on this. Database replication isn't part of the average Moodle setup let alone replication across platforms. When you're running replication, you should do your best to ensure a consistency from master to slave. I've done some pretty complex Moodle setups with replication but never dared attempt something like that.