Simple Weighted Category Grade Items have Weight Fields

Simple Weighted Category Grade Items have Weight Fields

by Matthew Koelling -
Number of replies: 6

Hello Moodlers!

We have a grade book that is set to simple weighted mean in the categories but has weights for each item. This doesn't happen in any other grade books set to Simple Weight Mean. I was curious if anybody else had experienced this. With test students the grade book totals correctly I just see this potentially causing problems if faculty puts a value in a weight.

We are using Moodle 2.5.3

In reply to Matthew Koelling

Re: Simple Weighted Category Grade Items have Weight Fields

by Bob Puffer -

I've honestly never seen this before nor ever seen it reported in these forums

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I had this happen after an upgrade. If you go to advanced view, it will show correctly but some reason, in the simple view it adds category weights to simple weighted categories that are in a weighted mean course.

on my site it was isolated to one course and I put it down to a single corrupted grade book but now that I see someone else with the same issue we might need to look into this. on mine it happened after 2.6 upgrade.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Matthew Koelling -

We did upgraded from 2.3 to 2.5 this semester.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Can you confirm that you also have a correct view in Advanced View?  I also had the following issue with this - when I selected Weighted Mean for the course and simple weighted for the categories I could not get a final course grade at all.

If you can confirm or deny either of the above behaviors, I can submit a tracker item.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Matthew Koelling -

HI Emma

Not sure what you mean by advance view. We see this in the Categories and Items view, in both the simple and full view.

by Emma Richardson -

Sorry, I meant full view.  When I switch to full view the item weight boxes disappear and I only get the weights for the category as a whole (as it should be) but in simple view the items have the weight boxes.  I still think it must be somehow related to something corrupting in the upgrade process.