Persons w/ Manager system role are displaying in the Quiz's User Override list in all courses

Persons w/ Manager system role are displaying in the Quiz's User Override list in all courses

by Drew Smith -
Number of replies: 2

Hi -

We have a few people enrolled as Managers at the system level. However, they are displaying in every course when the instructor(s) try to grant a User Override to students in their course. These Managers are not enrolled in the course, and are not displaying in the gradebook, when viewing assignment submissions, or in quiz attempts (unless you choose to view "enrolled users who have not attempted the quiz" and "enrolled users who have, or have not, attempted the quiz").

It doesn't affect functionality that these people are showing, however it freaks the instructors out when they suddenly see 3 names in their course that do not appear in the Participants list.

Any suggestions of what changes I need to make to "Define roles" to remove them from these lists? 
Many thanks!

Examples - Managers are annotated with red arrows:

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Drew Smith

Re: Persons w/ Manager system role are displaying in the Quiz's User Override list in all courses

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I suspect you have edited the Manager role to all at the mod/quiz:attempt capability, as well as the mod/quiz:preview capability. Don't do that wink

Check permissions in any quiz should help you confirm that or otherwise.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Persons w/ Manager system role are displaying in the Quiz's User Override list in all courses

by Drew Smith -

Thanks Tim - 

That seemed to fix it. The mod/quiz:attempt and mod/quiz:preview were enabled by default. I pulled those away, and they're gone. 

Appreciate your help!