I was just wandering whether you can do everything in Moodle that you can do in Captivate?
My impression is that apart from simulation and screen capture which are outside Moodle's scope , Moodle has many of the features
I have written what I think are the Moodle equivalent, but I welcome correction.
Captivate has a page turner look and feel allowing users to navigate by a table of contents or by a player bar - BOOK ???
- convert powerpoint slides - THIRD PARTY TOOLS
- master slides for courses - ???
- templates for slides/pages in a course - ???
- standardised styles for heading and objects set at course level- ????
- specify theme for course at course level - ???
- table of contents and breadcrumbs- STANDARD
- panning - BG BLUE BUTTON ???
- screen capture - THIRD PARTY
-drag and drop components - Not sure plugins can do everything
- interactions such as 'Millionaire, Hangman, Jigsaw, Process Cycle, Glossary, Accordion, Pyramid, and Animated Rollover" - Not sure plugins can do everything
- youtube - STANDARD
- web links - STANDARD
- Learning notes - maybe NOTES ??
- Actors ( standard images) - THIRD PARTY images
- video recording - THIRD PARTY
- equation editor - STANDARD
- simulate right clicking in simulations- OUT OF MOODLE SCOPE
- Auto text captions - I think this is because of flash
- Interactive elements - rollover slidelets, click boxes - STANDARD
- scenario branching - BOOK ?
- adobe connect and presenter integration - Yes for connect
- learners names in scenario - STANDARD
- share advance actions (reuse of course creator interactions across multiple courses) - ?????
- round-tripping to software to edit images -
- animation - THIRD PARTY TOOLS
- branched scenarios - Not sure plugins can do everything