UK FE & HE Usage

UK FE & HE Usage

by Michael Hughes -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I've had a request from a colleague about the number of HE & FE colleges using Moodle in the UK.

A quick squint at the http://moodle.org/sites pagegives me 3655 sites, but that includes commercial, schools, FE & HE and others.

Would anyone at Moodle HQ be able to give a more delineated figure? I don't want a list of the HE&FE institutions just the headline number....

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Hughes

Re: UK FE & HE Usage

by Dan Poltawski -
Moodle HQ doesn't know the whole picture - anyone can download and use Moodle without telling us about it. I don't think that have any more delineated figure of sectors from that list of sites either.

Perhaps a more helpful data point would be the 2012 Survey of Technology Enhanced Learning for higher education in the UK (pdf) compiled by UCISA. Which puts Moodle as the most widely used VLE in the sector.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Michael Hughes -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for this.

I appreciate that Moodle HQ only has data on who has told you that they're using it, I was just wondering from that data if you were able to give an idea, this would be combined with other sources.

M

In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Jez H -

Can't believe they count Sharepoint as a VLE.