Moodle 2.5+ and LDAP Auth Plugin not holding settings

Moodle 2.5+ and LDAP Auth Plugin not holding settings

by John Micallef -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All.

Having a weird issue after an install.  We've set all of the settings for LDAP and the authentication is working (but not SSO).

We go into the Plugins -> Authentication -> LDAP plugin settings page and then modify the settings and hit Save.  The changes update in the Database (SQL Server), but when we re-load the settings page the settings stay how they were before the update (so change ldap://10.1.0.4 to ldaps://10.1.0.4/, updates in DB but doesn't show on page, also a refresh will give us the old ldap://10.1.0.4 value).

We have cleared cache's, disabled cache mode but this still applies.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Micallef

Re: Moodle 2.5+ and LDAP Auth Plugin not holding settings

by stefan hoefler -

I have see the same yesterday. Is your Authentication LDAP Host Url the same as for the Enrolment? 

In reply to stefan hoefler

by John Micallef -

Hi Stefan.

No, we're using a totally different method for enrolment (external db), it is only the ldap auth plugin configured for that server address.

Very weird, no matter what we change, go back to the plugin settings page, they don't change sad

by stefan hoefler -

Okay that is strange. Can you activate the debug messaging to show all errors, notices or warnings? So maybe have some trouble with a plugin or something else.

by Peter Bechard -

I know this is an older thread, but I don't see how John solved the issue.  Can anyone provide suggestions?  I'm experiencing a similar issue on my server.   

Moodle version 2013051406

Moodle release 2.5.6 (Build 20140512)

Server: Windows 2008R2 Server, IIS 7.5.  DB: SQL Server 2008

Like John originally mentions, I suspect the problem may be cache related.  The database has the proper values, but the code seems to pull the settings from the cache.  Adding some PHP "echo" statements to the page show that the cache is returning the original values, and hence populating the page improperly.   We're only using the basic cache settings on this server.  I've attempted purging "all caches" a few  times.

Other plugins seem to be respecting their setting changes.

Thanks, 

Peter

In reply to Peter Bechard

by Peter Bechard -

Hmm... while waiting for responses, I kept digging.  I found the cache folder of this page, and noticed that it had not updated/refreshed in nearly 2 months, despite a number of "Purge All Caches".  I manually deleted the file, and reloaded the LDAP config page.  To my delight, everything is working fine now.