Backups fail: 500 Internal Server Error... Help!

Re: Backups fail: 500 Internal Server Error... Help!

by Bob B -
Number of replies: 6

If anyone else encounters this problem, check your FastCGI settings activityTimeout .  Ours was set at 70 secs.  Bumping that up to 600 secs solved the problem.

This can be set  (IIS7 and above) from the IIS Manager under the server/IIS/FastCGI Settings/Edit.

Bob

In reply to Bob B

回复: Re: Backups fail: 500 Internal Server Error... Help!

by Guangwei Yuan -

I have kindof same issue, course backup doesn't work at all.

It broke before i upgrade my ubuntu from 14.04 to 16.04 and my moodle from 2.9 to 3.2.

When i press backup button in course, the next page just show "HTTP ERROR 500" .

It toke my lot of time to try to fix it, but nothing get better.

any information?

In reply to Guangwei Yuan

Re: 回复: Re: Backups fail: 500 Internal Server Error... Help!

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Turn on debugging and see if you get a better error message.

In reply to Emma Richardson

回复: Re: 回复: Re: Backups fail: 500 Internal Server Error... Help!

by Guangwei Yuan -

Thanks Emma! 

You are angle. 

I turned on debugging function, is told me "mymoodle/mod/flashcard/backup/moodle2/

backup_flashcard_activity_task.class.php" have a abstract theory in line 0.

I just downloaded flashcard pulgin once again, replaced the old one, and, Yes, Backup worked again.

Thanks a lot again.

回复: Re: 回复: Re: Backups fail: 500 Internal Server Error... Help!

by Guangwei Yuan -

Sorry, not angle, 

angel, You are ANGEL!!

Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: Backups fail: 500 Internal Server Error... Help!

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Lol - silly autocorrect - feel free to mark the post as useful!  It helps our Particularly Helpful Moodler status!!

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: 回复: Re: Backups fail: 500 Internal Server Error... Help!

by Travis Mitchell -

Moodle Version: Moodle 3.3.1 (Build: 20170710)
Database: MSSQL Server
Web Server: Windows Server 2016 Datacenter (Amazon AWS hosting?)

I am unable to backup my course. Clicking Backup always results in a Server Error: 

500 - Internal server error.

I have debugging turned on at the Developer level, but I am not getting any errors logged to help me track down the cause.

I have checked that all of the plugins (both default and additional) are up to date (clicking the Check for Updates button doesn't identify any plugins that need to be updated).

I have not made any changes to the core and changes to my existing plugins is strictly limited to layout and style changes; namely commenting out items on the display I would rather my users didn't see that I couldn't remove through settings within the UI.

I'm totally stuck and need to backup my base course so that I can duplicate it several times with minor changes depending on the intended audience as opposed to manually copying every change and update I make to the course five times.

What else can I provide to get this issue resolved?