Feedback at the end of Quizz

Feedback at the end of Quizz

by Đinh Lư Giang -
Number of replies: 24
I have 1.5 released. I design a 10 question quizz (mulyi choices). The purpose is to test language level. How can I give feedback at the end of the quizz, the feedback is based on the result of the whole quizz? For example:
"If you have 8/10 points or more, you can try a next level quizz."
More exigence: How can the final quizz feedback is displayed differently based on the grade? Kind of: 3/5 :You are bad. 7/10: not so bad. 10/10: You are great!
Thank you for reading that message.
Giang
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Đinh Lư Giang

Re: Feedback at the end of Quizz

by Gustav W Delius -
You can not currently give feedback at the end of the quiz. The mark itself is the only feedback the student gets. But your suggestion makes sense, and if someone wants to implement it ...
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Minoru Akiyama -
Hi,

we had implemented "feedback at the end of quiz".
Give us for a few week to make it ready for 1.5.

Minoru Akiyama
e-Learning Service LPC.
In reply to Minoru Akiyama

by Gustav W Delius -
Hi Minoru, that sounds great. Can you describe more details about it?

by Timothy Takemoto -

Minoru has also written an adaptive testing module to allow the quiz questions to be presented depending upon the users performance in the previous questions, which is causing quite a buzz here in Japan.

In the meantime a hack for feedback is quite simple.
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=13265&parent=63864

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Minoru Akiyama -
Hi Timothy,

cat(Computerized Adaptive Test) module will be available by the end of July.
At the same time, tdap(Test Data Analysis Program; originally developed by Kenji Ohtomo and Youichi Nakamura) module will be available.
tdap module can estimate item difficulty by PROX method on the basis of Item Response Theory, and all the statistical parameters on the basis of classical theory.

Minoru Akiyama
e-Learning Service

by Gustav W Delius -
Hi Minoru,

I am looking forward to seeing all these developments.

It sounds like the "tdap module" would be ideal as an additional report plug-in for the quiz module. It sounds like it will do more statistical analysis than the current "Item analysis" report.

by Minoru Akiyama -
Hi Gustav,

"tdap module" has 4 functions.
1)Fundamental statistics
Maximum/Minimum csoe, Median, Range, Mean, Variance, SD, Skewness,Kurtosis, Raw score, Z-score, T-score, 5point score, 9point core, etc.
2)Item analysis
Choice response distribution, Item difficulty index, Discrimination power index, Actual equivalent number of options, Appropriateness of difficulty, etc.
3)PROX
item difficulty, person measure, standard error,,,etc.
4)Reliavility
Coefficient alpha, standard error of measurement,,,etc.
Users select a quiz from quiz list and click one from the above menu.
Teachers can save 3 parameters(item difficulty, descrimination, actual equivalent number of options)  in tdap item table and use when teachers will setup "cat module" test sections.
moodle quizes are used as "cat module" test sections.

Minoru

by Gustav W Delius -
Minoru,
if I understand correctly, these 4 reports are not currently integrated with the quiz module. I think it would be very nice if they were so that when the teacher clicks on the "Reports" tab in the quiz module he would also see tabs for your reports. Do you think that would be feasible?

by Minoru Akiyama -
Hi Gustav,

yes, we can do the integration, but it will take more weeks for us to integrate "tdap"  into standard quiz module.
I'd like to finish implementation of "tdap module" first, and on the next step, integrate it into the standard quiz module.

Minoru

by Sowmya Shanmugam -

hi Minoru

I am facing issues when i try to plug-in CAT with moodle.

It shows "TDAP is nothing". Could you tell me,how to resolve

this and also let me know if any documention on CAT is available in English.

Thanks in advance

by Minoru Akiyama -
Hi Gustav,

our feedback enhancement is as follows.
1)Teacher enter a feedback message on edit quiz screen by WYSIWYG HTML editor.
2)Teacher can see the quiz feedback message on the next screen to confirm it.
3)Students see the quiz feedback after sending their quiz answers on the bottom of feedback screen.

Minoru Akiyama
e-Learning Service

by Gustav W Delius -
This sounds very clean and simple. I'll put it into Moodle 1.6 when you send it to me.
You have probably noticed that on the quiz settings page for the admin there are checkboxes by which the admin can make any option into an advanced option. That way the quiz setup page for teachers can be kept tidy. Whether the advanced options are shown on the quiz setup page is under the teacher's control. Can your new feedback field please use the same mechanism?

by Minoru Akiyama -
Hi Gustav,

Ofcause I use the nice mechanism for our quiz feedback.

Minoru

by Minoru Akiyama -
Hi Gustav,

we also had implemented Question Feedback.
This feedback enables teachers to enter whole question feedback.

Minoru Akiyama
e-Learning Service

by Đinh Lư Giang -
Dear Minoru Akiyama
I'm waiting for "feedback at the end of quizz". Is 1.5 ready for this?
Thanks

by Dawn Wright -

We ran into this problem as well and a similar one giving feedback on dicussion (forum) posts. On the latter, instructors sometimes need to give private feedback to at student and cannot just post a reply.

I have been suggesting instructors use the Dialogue module available in Contrib. This is private and tied to the course in a way that conventional emails are not.

In reply to Dawn Wright

by Đinh Lư Giang -
It sounds great, Minoru, Omedeto gozaimasu (if I still keep some last japanese in my mind). According to what you described, Quizz mod will be much more powerful. I think many teaching activities are in fact based on Quizzes.
Another thing that may interest you, as a developer. You may know that the differences between Japanese and Vietnamese, for example, reside also in word order. In Japanese, you say: I "no"(possesion) friend "wa" (particle) rice "o" (particle) eat. In Vietnamese, it will be: Friend - my - particle - eat - rice. So, as language teachers, we focus much on word order exercises, both for Vietnamese or Japanese learners. If it makes senses, you may think about another module for word order tests.
I can imagine it like that:
1. Teacher enter a number of words.
2. Teacher can choose to sort it randomly or in a certain order.
3. Students can see a number connected to each word and choose (just like matching, but one word with only one single number)
4. Submit button at the end
5. Grade can be counted by absolute correctness or relative order
Hope that helps
Best regards
Dinh Lu Giang

by Minoru Akiyama -

Dear Dinh Lu Giang,

I have the same idea you've adviced.

Flash module is excelent module for exerscising producing a sentence. Timothy presented it to moodlers. I'd like to enhance it from 1 dimension to 2 dimensions. From order to layout, such as building up Chinese characters.

I've learned and had practical training to be a Japanese language teacher. So, I can understand your idea.

Thank you for your advice.

Minoru

by Timothy Takemoto -
Hi Minoru,

It was (alas) not me but the very reasonably priced and talented Flash (and php) programmer Jamie Pratt that gave the flash module to moodlers (with Josep's help). I recommend that anyone that wants to have Moodle do things with flash, or wants to make their ideas a reality, contact him.

As was made apparent at the recent conference, however, you, Minoru, are a talented programmer too. So my recommendation of the minute: for flash extensions - Jamie, for php extensions - Minoru.

But of course there are many talented programmers here. Especially Martin smile

I have no connection with either (other than satisfied customer).

Timothy
BTW Gordon Bateson's Hot Pot V2 is great for ordering sentences too.

Re: Feedback at the end of Quiz

by Just H -
Good afternoon all

I was wondering if the feedback at end of quiz mod is available yet.

I have a course about to open on 21 September for which I need this functionality and would prefer to use this solution than the hack in another post (being new to all this no telling what damage I could do!).

Thanks to all for the work you put into these additions and  for sharing with the community smile
In reply to Just H

by Gustav W Delius -
I would like to second Harry's request: let us know if there are enhancements available to the Moodle quiz module that could go into the standard distribution. It would be ideal if you could post any such additions in the bug tracker, things get so easily lost in these forums.

In answer to Harry's immediate question: there will not be any official new feature before Moodle 1.6 and that won't be ready for 21 September.

by Just H -
Thanks for the info Gustav

The hack looked simple enough anyway so I should be able to get it set up the way I need it to. I look forward to the release of 1.6 smile

by Timothy Takemoto -
By the way, I could not agree more that word order is the issue for us language teachers, especially those in Asia (where word order is very different). I am a word-order-correcter.
I hope you are a member of moodle for language teachers too.