problem installing 1.4.5+ on windows server

problem installing 1.4.5+ on windows server

by Ray Lewis -
Number of replies: 2

A warning is generated, and I cannot login if I ignore the warning. The session path appears to be created wrongly within moodle. {maybe the forward slash were a backslash is needed}

Warning: Unknown(): open(d:\inetpub\eblo\moodledata/sessions\sess_21c8a9a72729dc1383eb3c228810e827, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Any suggestions/details of the fix would be welcome. Thanks

Ray

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ray Lewis

Re: problem installing 1.4.5+ on windows server

by Alan Rudland -
This has also started to manifest itself on my system: everything was working fine - suddenly it has stopped working. sad
In reply to Ray Lewis

Re: problem installing 1.4.5+ on windows server

by Ray Lewis -
I have now solved this problem on my server. The installer produces one set of permissions which states that there is read/write access to the files. When I checked the actual file permissions this was not so. The problem is not unique to moodle - it seems that with the latest Windows Servers there are at least two sets of permissions, and the one does not always reflect the other. Not all shared hosting arrangements allow the base permissions to be set by the user; I was lucky as my preferred host does, but I also work with a number of hosts that do not allow me to change these permissions. Ray