Quiz results not appearing in gradebook

Quiz results not appearing in gradebook

by Adelle Pearce -
Number of replies: 0

Hello

First forum post for me, and a newbie to Moodle.  Having trouble with quiz - hoping someone out there can help as I've read loads of docs and posts, fiddled with numerous settings and still can't seem to get to the bottom of it. My issues are:

1) some student submissions are not being automarked and not showing up in gradebook, even when I know they have completed the quiz (i've tested by enrolling myself and colleagues as bogus 'students')

2) the quiz results that ARE in gradebook are numeric.  But there are also activities within the same course that are marked on a competency scale (see below).  How do I average quiz results + 'competency based' assignments for an overall grade for the entire course? 

**The quiz results return a numeric mark (e.g. 11 out of 11 for one quiz, with each question being worth one point) All looks to be in order there.  The competency scales (custom scales which I have created for other assignments) are set to: <50% not yet competent; 50 - 80% competent;  >80% exceeds requirements.  Ideally, we'd like the overall grade to be a competency (scale) rating.  I don't mind if quiz results are numeric or scale, as long as they can be averaged out with the other activities for the overall mark.

I'm using 2.5.2 Build 20130927.

Thanks Moodlers. smile

Average of ratings: -