Can teacher be student?

Can teacher be student?

by Bala Sivagnanam -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I am using moodle for an enterprise learning system. So here anyone will be able to create a course and others will see the course and manually enrol/ course creaters enrol them to take up course.

So to avoid so much confusion and hassle created in protal I thought of having course created by course manager and assign teachers/course authors to be assigned for each course and they create the course content and others can manually enrol to take up the course..

Is this possible in moodle ? I tried to search the forum and in google in many different ways but couldn't find an answer. Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bala Sivagnanam

Re: Can teacher be student?

by Andrea Bicciolo -

Hi Bala,

in Moodle roles are assigned on a per context basis, so a user can have teacher role in "course X" and student role in "course Y" and in each course the user will have different capabilities according to the assigned role. So if your question was related to this scenario, then the answer is yes.

However, attention must be paid with roles assigned in higher context level, such as a category level contexts or site level context. Such roles are inherited on lower child contexts, so a manager role assigned at category level by default has the same capabilities on child contexts, such as courses belonging to that category.

Hope I have understood your question.  For more info on Moodle contexts: http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Context