Workshop backup, anonymous data

Workshop backup, anonymous data

by Annette Knobloch -
Number of replies: 4

Tech support at my college has backed up the Workshop activity with student data, using the anonymous option. The file is 11.6 mb. I am creating a fictitious course for opening this file, to see what is there. Please explain what the anonymous option is, and what I can expect to see. Will workshop retain the data to the specific students? Or will this data become totally scrambled up: a mess?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Annette Knobloch

Re: Workshop backup, anonymous data

by Annette Knobloch -

Tech supporter backed up the entire course. When restored, in Workshop, see the attached file to see what I see. Only one, not all student. But then, also, the students assessed by, and the students who assessed, that one student. Why not all the students?????

Attachment workshop_snip_deidentified.JPG

by Annette Knobloch -

Oops, not sure about this example. It does have more than one. Tech support did fix this problem, so that all reviewers and reviewees do show up, but see next post. When clicking on a particular submission, column 2, I get this message: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: User id is required when printing user avatar image

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks for the report Annette. I haven't heard of problems in this area so far. Let me try and reproduce the problem so we can see if it is a bug in Workshop or some local issue. Can you describe what Moodle version you are using and what steps were done? And what was the problem your tech support had fixed?
In reply to David Mudrák

by Annette Knobloch -

Version 2.4. I don't know what tech support did to fix it, and see additional posts. The grade page was fixed and showed all participants, but clicking on the actual submission showed responses from only one peer, with an error message.

I am not likely to be given the details of what steps tech support did.