Upgrade to Moodle 2.6 - Browser Trouble

Upgrade to Moodle 2.6 - Browser Trouble

by Mark Hardwick -
Number of replies: 2

Thanks for the input on a previous thread about upgrading to Moodle 2.6.  It's complete and I'm starting to get the feel for the new format. 

The only trouble we had was we couldn’t make any edits or changes to just about anything such as enrolling students, editing a quiz etc.  When we clicked on an action the little whirly bird just went round and round and never completed an task plus, many of the action keys were grayed out.  It turned out to be the browser we were using.  Our computers are reasonably fast that run Windows XP and the latest IE browser that you can run is IE 8.  We also run Office 2003 pro. 

I know I'm going to catch some flack for running older operating systems and software but everything else we use them for works fine.  When we looked at upgrading it was going to cost a bundle because we would need to upgrade: hardware and equipment, operating systems, Office software, and numerous other software including graphic and photo editing software time’s 5-6 entire systems.  And, I've never moved into a new computer that didn't tie up the biggest part of a day.  Plus, I don’t like to have mix-matched computer versions and software on the same file sharing system.  It just seems to cause trouble

So the FYI is this:  If you are going to upgrade to Moodle 2.6 on an XP machine, it doesn't work on IE8.  Use XP with Google Chrome instead.

Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Hardwick

Re: Upgrade to Moodle 2.6 - Browser Trouble

by Doug Baleshta -

I posted another note on this with a different forum.  You need to undock the dropdown/popups on the left hand side so they move back within the course.  Then the edit function works, not sure about the rest.

D.

In reply to Mark Hardwick

Re: Upgrade to Moodle 2.6 - Browser Trouble

by Doug Baleshta -

I posted another note on this with a different forum.  You need to undock the dropdown/popups on the left hand side so they move back within the course.  Then the edit function works, not sure about the rest.

D.