TaskChain and JMemori/JMatchIntro

TaskChain and JMemori/JMatchIntro

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 8

Dear Quizporter/TaskChainers!

I can't get the Michael Rottmeier adaptatins, JMemori and JMatchIntro, to display properly in TaskChain.  Is there a setting in TaskChain Administration that I am missing, or does Taskchain not work yet with these exercises?

Thank you,

Deborah

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: TaskChain and JMemori/JMatchIntro

by Deborah Delin -

I would be so grateful for a reply to this post.  My server is upgrading Moodle and I am trying to work out if I will be able to upgrade my courses which rely heavily on Hot Pot adaptations.

Thank you,

Deborah

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Deborah,
sorry not to have replied earlier. I ill have a look at the JMemori and JMatchIntro. I am sure they can be fixed once I find the time to investigate.

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Deborah Delin -

Oh thanks Gordon!

JIntro does function, just displays a bit strangely (see screenshot), but jMemori comes up with:

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Cannot access unknown property, cm, of mod_taskchain object.

Attachment jintro.jpg

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Deborah,
I think I have fixed JMemori. I will release the fixed code shortly.

Could you point out to me what is strange the screenshot that you kindly attached to your previous post?

thanks
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Deborah Delin -

Wow! That's amazing news!  Thank you so much!!

The display problem with the jIntro below is that the pale purple background of the HotPot doesn't display below the Start Exercise arrow.  The pale blue background is the background of the Moodle page.  Not a drastic problem, I just think it might be disconcerting for students who have been working in a series of HotPots with the uniform purple background.  

Deborah

by Gordon Bateson -

Deborah,
regarding the background colors on JMatch Intro, try enabling the "Body styles" for TaskChain (see screenshot)

• Site administration -> Plugins -> Activity modules -> TaskChain -> Body Styles

regards
Gordon

Attachment taskchain.bodystyles.png

by Deborah Delin -

Yes that sorted out the problem.  Thank you so much!  

Deborah

by Deborah Delin -

I just upgraded Taskchain and jMemori is working perfectly now!  Thank you so much!

Deborah