Colour of HotPot activity page

Colour of HotPot activity page

by Maldwyn Pate -
Number of replies: 2

Happy New Year all!

I've recently added some HotPot activities to our Moodle using the Add an activity > HotPot option. The activity includes images and they work fine. (Thanks to everyone for they're help and advice on Moodle forums.)

When creating the exercise, I set the page background colour as blue but when it opens in Moodle the page background colour is plain white (the exercise background coulour is as I intended).  Is there any way of changing the page background colour of the Moodle HotPot activity? It would be nice to have something besides a rather cold white expanse of page behind the exercise.

Regards,

Mal

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maldwyn Pate

Re: Colour of HotPot activity page

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Mal,
Happy New 2014 to you too!

By default, the Moodle styles for background color and page font override the Hot Potatoe styles.

However, this behavior can be overridden by the admin of your Moodle site, but changing the following setting:

• Site administration -> Plugins -> Activity module -> HotPot module
  • locate "Body styles"
  • select all "Body styles"
  • click "Save changes" button at the bottom of the page 

best regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

Parthed: Re: Colour of HotPot activity page

by Maldwyn Pate -

Many thanks Gordon.  It seems now that that facility is not available on the HotPot plugin version that we have on 2.1. However, the people who run the servers are looking to see what they can do to update or change some core settings.

We'll get it sorted eventually!

Regards,

Mal