Taskchain and Moodle 2.5

Taskchain and Moodle 2.5

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 3

Help!!  I'm having my first go at TaskChain, having only used Quizport before.  It's not going too well:

- is TaskChain compatible with Moodle 2.5?  Please see attached screenshot.  I can add the activity and choose a file but after that I see no way of adding further files or juggling them around  as was possible with the old "Edit Quizzes".

- I have tried adding two files: a Hot Potato and an iSpring presentation.  The Hot Potato presented in a very mutated form, without its resources, and the iSpring was completely blank.  I am adding the files via the file picker from the Course Legacy Files.  

Any guidance will be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Deborah

Attachment hotpot.jpg
Attachment taskchain.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Taskchain and Moodle 2.5

by Jeff Finnan -

Hi Deborah,

I have no experience with iSpring or using the file picker using legacy files. I have only added files by uploading and decompressing a zip file from my computer or adding files one by one also from computer. Zip works nice when having a lot of added files such as images and in your case sounds.

Later,

Jeff

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Deborah,
the link to the "Edit tasks" page is in the administration block (see screenshot), but you may need to switch to a standard Moodle 2.x theme in order to see it.

The display of the secondary files (images audio, video) will depend on how you added the Hot Potatoes file (upload? legacy course files? private files? file repository? external repository?), and the paths that are used in the Hot Potatoes exercise. It is hard to comment more specifically without seeing the actual example you are working with.

When setting up the TaskChain, if you add the "Source file" for the task as an alias, then TaskChain may be more successful in locating the secondary files.

TaskChain may need some work to get iSpring files up and running. I do not have an iSpring file to test with. Could you send me one of yours?

regards
Gordon

Attachment taskchain.edittasks.png
In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Deborah Delin -

Thanks Gordon and Jeff for your replies,

Oh yes, I see the TaskChain editing menus now.  smile 

I didn't succeed with the Legacy files but when I drag the zip files into Taskchain it works!

Gordon,  the Michael Rottmeier adaptations, jMemori and JMatchIntro don't display properly in my Taskchain.  Is there a setting I need to adjust?

Thanks for your help,

Deborah