large wiki pages

large wiki pages

by Howard Noble -
Number of replies: 2
i would like to create a large wiki page that basically has a table with about 150 rows and 10 columns - we're going to experiment with having a workpackage document in a wiki.

i copy and pasted an excel spreadsheet into the wiki which is a bit rough but worked okay.

the problem is that i can see the whole table in edit more but moodle only displays the first 40 rows i.e a small part of the page.

can i get moodle to display more or am i just not using wikis as they are meant to be used i.e. lots of small hyperlinked pages?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Noble

Re: large wiki pages

by James Depow -
I have a similiar problem.  I have 9 tables, each with 15 rows, but only the first 2 tables display.  All are there in edit mode.

I would like to be able to preview/see all 9 tables in view mode.

Thanks,

Jim
In reply to Howard Noble

Re: large wiki pages

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I had this week the same problem. I tested it also in the book module and had the same effect.
Is it posssible, that it is not a problem of wiki, but a problem of the editor handling big  tables? There is no problem to put long text from word to the editor.

Ralf