Specific permission for wiki.

Specific permission for wiki.

by Jordi Martínez -
Number of replies: 8

I dont now if I can create a specific permissions for wiki module. I will explain it:

I create my new course and, in this, I create a wiki task. Inn this course I create users. But I want that this users cant not to edit pages,they can only read this pages.

Can I do it? I'm thinking to implement this funcionality if there isn't. Do I must to talk with anybody for to do this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jordi Martínez

Re: Specific permission for wiki.

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sure. Set up your wiki type as a 'teacher' wiki. Only teachers will be able to edit it; all others will only be able to read it.

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Jordi Martínez -

I set up my wiki ype as a 'teacher' wiki but I don't know how can I create my pages.

I go in as a Teacher in course A, I click 'Turn editing on', then I add a wiki activity with this parameters:

type: 'Teacher'

Print wiki name...: 'yes'

HTML mode: 'HTML Only'

(the others parameters are blank)

Then I click on Save changes and I can read :'No entries have been created for this wiki.'

How can I edit the main page? I'm a teacher. I have got the same result if I set up my wiki type as 'Group'.

by Mike Churchward -
If you are a teacher in the course (or an admin), and the wiki activity has separate or visible groups set, and you are not part of a group, then you will see a little box below the 'Update this wiki' button. That box is a drop-down that lets you select which group's wiki you will edit.

If you have the wiki activity set to 'no groups', then clicking on the wiki as a teacher or administrator will take you right into the wiki edit screen.

Note, that 'groups' here refers to course groups and not the wiki 'group' type. The same logic is true for a wiki set to the group type.

See the wiki help file for more information on wiki types and course group modes.

mike

by Jordi Martínez -

Thank you very much. at the end I had can to do it. I allready know how to edit all types of wiki.

I haven't seem the little box below the 'Update this wiki' and it's about it that I haven't to edit it.

by Keroppi

by Mike Churchward -
Hmmm.

If you are using groups, and you have groups created, and the wiki activity us using groups, you should see the box. Strange.

by Jordi Martínez -

Yes, I can see this box. I told you I didn't see this box in the past because I didn't know it was there.

Sorry for my english, I'm already learning it.

by Keroppi

by Andy Diament -

Just a little addition to this, - I saw this for the 1st time today - thanks for advice on groups-had accidently set groups in course settings when I meant ot have no groups.

Reset course settings to new group AND deleted the wike, created a new wiki to get the desired result (existing wiki did not pickup changes to group settings).

Andy D