Grader Report Issue

Grader Report Issue

by Mike Kuta -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I  am currently running Moodle 2.6+ on my godaddy web server.  Whenever I go into a course, go to the grades portion, then go to the grader report and hit turn editing on I get this error message.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 263495 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/public_html/moodle/lib/outputcomponents.php on line 1831

I have changed my memory_limit to 3024M thinking that could fix the issue.  However, this is NOT fixing the issue and this is could end up being a huge issue.  I would appreciate it if someone could help me ASAP on this.

Thanks,

Mike

In reply to Mike Kuta

Re: Grader Report Issue

by Anders Stenmark -

The quick fix (and bad) is to set: "ini_set('memory_limit', '-1');" in php.ini. 

In reply to Anders Stenmark

by Mike Kuta -

Is there a way to fix this properly? And do you know why this happened?

In reply to Mike Kuta

by Anders Stenmark -

It is probably memory leakage. So... it is either an error in the code or somewhere else. It is not a one solution kind of problem. Look for php_value max_execution_time. Is it set somewhere in the code (other than php.ini)? Do they missmatch? 

In reply to Anders Stenmark

by Mike Kuta -

I cant see those things because I have a managed server from Godaddy, I will call them shortly and reply back.  Thank you.

In reply to Mike Kuta

by Mike Kuta -

Ok, so I called Godaddy and we resolved the issue.  Because Im not too familiar with Plesk (cPanel guy here), I was doing the memory_limit wrong and effectively doing nothing.  Once I made it 512M, everything worked perfectly!  Thank you!