PHP accelerator rookie questions

PHP accelerator rookie questions

написао/ла Tom Moseley -
Број одговора: 8

Hi

I am setting up moodle 2.5.2 and want to install a php accelerator to improve performance. I just don't know how you pick one and then how you install / configure it. Any help / how to guides would be great. 

I have been looking at xcache as it seems to have a version compatible with windows and 5.3.27 just don't really know how to configure it.

I am using:

• Windows server 2012
  • PHP 5.3.27
  • MYSQL

Thanks

У одговору на Tom Moseley

Re: PHP accelerator rookie questions

написао/ла Howard Miller -
Слика Core developers Слика Documentation writers Слика Particularly helpful Moodlers Слика Peer reviewers Слика Plugin developers

With the caveat that I know nothing about Windows...

If you can run to PHP 5.5 then you get OpCache built in and this is recommended for Moodle for 2.6 and newer. 

A lot of Windows users seem to use 'wincache' although I don't have any details. I expect Google does намигује

У одговору на Howard Miller

написао/ла Tom Moseley -

Ok, i'll give it a go updating to 5.5 makes sense anyway. How do you then enable opcache within php 5.5?

Thanks

написао/ла Emma Richardson -
Слика Documentation writers Слика Particularly helpful Moodlers Слика Plugin developers

Just use the settings on the Moodle opcache page in php.ini.  The module is installed automatically with 5.5.  I just did this a couple of days - easy upgrade and setup.

У одговору на Emma Richardson

написао/ла Tom Moseley -

Hi Emma,

Struggling with updating the PHP. Followed the steps from the link on my previous post but i just keep getting server error 500 :S

Is there something i need to change in IIS to tell it that PHP has been updated?

Is it just a case of editing ;opcache.enable=0 to opcache.enable=1 ?

Thanks

написао/ла Emma Richardson -
Слика Documentation writers Слика Particularly helpful Moodlers Слика Plugin developers

You would change that line as you have above.  I am linux user and so can't help with IIS.  Sorry!

У одговору на Howard Miller

написао/ла Tom Moseley -

When trying to follow the steps in this post i am getting a 500 internal server error after i swap the PHP folders over :S can swap back and it works. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks