SCORM will not resume

SCORM will not resume

by V Martin -
Number of replies: 3

Folks, I have a site up running 2.5.2. I have a number of courses which are just Topics with SCORM packages in each topic. The idea is students take the one scorm package per unit until complete their course. I conduct industry training so the courses are fairly short and not too complex, just a few SCROM units.

My issue is two fold. First is the resume function is not working at all.

I created the SCORM packages with Articulate Storyline, I have uploaded to the SCROM cloud to check resumability and they work as expected, resuming fine.

In Moodle however, it’s a different story...

The SCORM’s just do not resume, no matter what setting I select. I’ve turned OFF and ON “Force new Attempt”, “Force Completed” and “Auto Continue” in all possible combinations. I’ve changed the gradebook completion to 100, then to 60 (the actual passing score) and 0 to no avail. I’ve turned off completions setting all together and back on to no change.

Now I shouldn’t say that the SCORMS never resume because they will at times, but ONLY in Review mode (Not to be confused with Preview Mode which I have deactivated). In this mode there are no updates to the Gradebook so I do not want this mode activated unless the score is 100. As mentioned, I changed the gradebook and completion setting but this doesn’t change the activation of the preview mode, which appears intermittently (and with no predictability). But the resume only works when Preview Mode is indicated in the top left corner, if in normal mode the SCROM begins from the start (every time).

I’ve been banging my head against the wall here for 5 days trying to get my site to work but I need help. No matter what setting I select, I get the same response.... No change. It’s almost like the settings don’t matter.

Any assistance is appreciated, please.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to V Martin

Re: SCORM will not resume

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Vaughan,
MDL-43222 has been just filed: follow it to read about the investigations and potentially the solution.

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by V Martin -

Thanks Matteo,

I really appreciate you chiming in as I have been going crazy for the last 2-weeks trying to make my site work. I'm new to Moodle, just got my site from a Moodle Partner. I didn't know if it was me or the Program.

I checked the Issues Report as you indicated above. Do you have any advice on how I conduct the patch as indicated (I attached the text from the report). I can open the debugging but how / where do I add what. Is it: cmi.core.score.raw and if so where do add it? I presume I would need to do this for all SCORM's?

"Looks like the missing cmi.core.score.raw is what is causing trouble. In our tests, adding cmi.core.score.raw manually to the unfinished attempt via SCORM Debugging interface made successive attempts behave normally."

In reply to V Martin

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Vaughan, its very unlikely your moodle partner would have given you raw access to the server files where you can copy/paste the temp/raw files to site folders.

Once this issue gets resolved, chances are that your moodle partner would do it for you automatically, else you can always raise the ticket for upgrade.