Collapsed Topics Not Displayed without User Login after upgrade to 2.6

Collapsed Topics Not Displayed without User Login after upgrade to 2.6

by Spurgeon Balasundaram -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

Greetings!

While testing moodle 2.6 upgrade on a local instance (upgraded from 2.5 to 2.6) with Collapsed Topics 2.6, we find that the topics are not shown on home page unless user logs in.

In the previous version (which is live at elearn.apcwo.org) collapsed topics was displayed even without user login.

I've checked the course settings / course format settings and everything seems to be ok.

Could some one kindly help with this issue?

Thanks!

Warm regards

Spurgeon

After User Login

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Spurgeon Balasundaram

Re: Collapsed Topics Not Displayed without User Login after upgrade to 2.6

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Spurgeon,

I've just tried to replicate and cannot.  Ok, here is what I did:

1. With M2.5.3 create a CT course (V2.5.3.6) and allow guest access without password.
  2. Log out and confirm that sections are viewable.
  3. Upgrade to M2.6. and CT V2.6.1.
  4. Go back to the course and saw that indeed with guest access I could still see the sections.

So!  Could you temporarily change the format to 'Topics' and test to see if the sections are viewable in M2.6 with guest access, if they are then it's a CT issue, if not, then there is a core setting somewhere that's changed.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Another thought.  Have you inadvertently changed the 'structure' to 'current week first' in the course settings so that the sections are beyond the current date relative to the start date of the course?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Hi Gareth,

Thanks a ton for your kind reply and great component - CT has saved us a lot of work and makes our course more presentable (doing away with lot of scrolling)

I tested it as you mentioned and found it to be working fine with new course / another existing course.

Guess I have messed up with  this particular course. Realised that even after login, it shows up only for admin and not for other non-admin enrolled users.

Now I remember that while upgrading, I didnt upgrade CT and remember doing something like what you have mentioned - 'structure' to 'current week first' with this course, before upgrading CT.

Is there any way to repair this course?

Thanks once again!

warm regards & gratitude,

Spurgeon

In reply to Spurgeon Balasundaram

Solved: Collapsed Topics Not Displayed without User Login after upgrade to 2.6

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for all your help.

Realised that the sections became hidden and that caused it to be hidden.

Enabling visibility solved the problem.

Thanks once again!

warm regards

Spurgeon