grid format - confused about "current" colours

grid format - confused about "current" colours

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

First of all, thank you fot the wonderful grid format - it's awesome! smile

I have one question, though. I'm confused about the two highlight colours (see the screenshot below)

I know what the first one is - it highlights the current topic section so that the students know what they should be focusing on at the moment.

But - what is the purpose of the second highlighting? What does it do? Why would a teacher (or a student) want/need to highlight/select an image container?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

Re: grid format - confused about "current" colours

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

It is the colour around the current 'box' that has the 'image' so that when you are using keyboard control you know which one will open when you press the 'Esc' key.  It changes position in response to the left and right cursor keys and if you click on a grid image.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Przemyslaw Stencel -

Aaaah, ok smile Actually, I was kinda expecting it is meant for opening a topic. The problem is, I just thought I should hit ENTER to open a topic. I tried, but it didn't work, so I thought somthing was broken or maybe I was just wrong about the reason for the highlighting.

"Esc" is - I think - very counter-intuitive for opening a topic. Couldn't it work on ENTER?

In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In a nutshell, not at the moment.  When I put the code in for accessibility I also added the standard keys 'Shift-TAB (previous section) / TAB (next section) / Enter (open shade box)', but through testing discovered that it caused lots and lots of problems and conflicts with other elements on the page and prevents them from being selected.  Please see CONTRIB-3240 for more details.