Hi Gordon and Stan,
Great that it's working so well!. Though there are some little things. I thought my exercises weren't working because when I first looked at JMatch Sort Magic "e" TaskChain (Firefox 25.0 on Mac) it showed as an "ordinary" JMatch. It was only when I saw Stan's message that it was working that I went back to check... and it worked for me too. I don't know why there was the initial problem.
When the exercise is completed an error message shows: "Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$score in /Users/gbateson/Sites/Moodle/24/mod/taskchain/renderer.php on line 1340"
When I uploaded JMatch Sort with players from my Mac I got this error message in the Hot Pot version (not in the TaskChain version) "Sorry, the HotPot module could not detect the type of the source file: /JMatch-Sort with players/.DS_Store" and the exercise wasn't visible. I've had trouble with that pesky ".DS Store" file before! Mac users beware and remove it.
I uploaded it again as JMatch Sort with players 2 from Windows and got a different error message: "Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$hotpot_bodystyles in /Users/gbateson/Sites/Moodle/24/mod/hotpot/attempt/renderer.php on line 652" but the exercise showed normally.
Having retired, I'm not using Moodle any more but I'm happy to help with testing this wonderful addition to the Hot Potatoes set of possible exercises. Thanks so much to Agnès Simonet for doing the coding and to Stan too for writing the Instructions and putting the modified source files on his site where they're easily available: http://hotpot.ewbooks.info/jmatch_sort_categorisation.And of course, thanks to you, Gordon, for getting it working on Moodle.