Quandry

Quandry

by Rodney Wolford -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

What is the status of the Quandary game? Does it load and play in Moodle? I noticed an earlier post, pre 2010, in which it loaded but couldn't be scored. Does it allow scoring now or at least the ability show that the process has been completed?

Thanks for any information.

Rod Wolford

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rodney Wolford

Re: Quandry

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

As far as I am aware it still doesn't allow scoring but perhaps others have more knowledge than I.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rodney Wolford -

Mary,

Thanks for your response. I assume that even if it doesn't score, it does load using the hotpot interface?

Regards,

Rod

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Rodney,

you are welcome to try adding your Quandary as a HotPot activity on my test server.

Please let us know how you get on.

regards
Gordon 

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Rodney Wolford -

Gordon,

Thank you so much for the offer. I have not yet created a Quandary activity to test. I have been reading about it and think it might be perfect for some activities we would like to add to our Moodle site. But I did not want to invest the time to build an application until I was certain that it would workin Moodle. I am currently using 2.5.3 and the Essential theme on linux server. Does you site currently have Quandary activities that can be viewed?

Regards,

Rod

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Rodney,

At the moment I would think that the community of Quandary + Moodle users is quite small.

Personally, I only know of only one person who used Quandary significantly on a Moodle site. He used a modified version of the HotPot module. It was a long time ago and the modifications were never brought into the standard HotPot module.

The Hot Potatoes + Moodle combination is the more well-travelled route and will probably be easier to follow.

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Rodney Wolford -

Gordon,

Thanks for your response. I had hoped that Quandary, like Hot Potato, was well-integrated into Moodle. I like the integrated Quandary approach to building decision tree exercises. Of course, I know I can get roughly the same thing using other Moodle Question formats to build a succession of question chains, and that is probably what I will end up doing. But first, I wanted to see if Quandary had any possibilities. Maybe when I have time, I will return to it to see what can be done. But for now, deadlines are looming.

Thanks again,

Rod