Mobile app not loading language file

Mobile app not loading language file

by Sascha A -
Number of replies: 5

Hello 

I am trying to change the language of the app. We use moodle 2.4 on our server. I copied the mobile.php file which I attached below to every single language folder I could find (just to be sure smile )

But the language file is not synched on the app.

Any idea what is causing this? I have got the same problem with the customized css but thats another question.

Thanks and kind regards.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sascha A

Re: Mobile app not loading language file

by Sascha A -

pushing this ...

In reply to Sascha A

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

there were a bug related to the CSS file that now is solved (but you have to upgrade your Moodle installation)

Regarding the language file, it should be placed in dirroot/lang/xxx/moodlemobile.php

Regards

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Sascha A -

HI,

thanks for your reply. I placed the language in dirroot/lang/en/ are you sure about the filename? Because nothing is happening...

I updated the server to Version 2.6 and still it is not working.

Hopefully my question was clear. I want to change the language as well as the appearance of the app by server side. And i dont mean the display of the website via app but the app itself (the orange interface with logout button etc). I thought I would be able to customize this appearance ( see screenshot) as well as the language of the buttons.

Can you verify this? Thank you so much for your reply!

what i want to change

In reply to Sascha A

回复: Re: Mobile app not loading language file

by jianjun xie -

The same problem with my Moodle v. 2.4.3. Please make it clear on how to localize the language of UI OF this APP. I've attempted to place the language file with the name of "moodlemobile.php"(or mobile.php) in dirroot/lang/en/ or moodledata/lang/zh_cn/, but the UI still cannot change into the target language.(Chinese)

In reply to jianjun xie

Re: 回复: Re: Mobile app not loading language file

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you tried in a recent Moodle version?

I think that the problem is localized in old versions