Correcting HotPot Activities within Moodle

Correcting HotPot Activities within Moodle

by Penny Pearson -
Number of replies: 1

I work with many teachers using Moodle and learning how to use Hot Potatoes for activities. One question that comes up repeatedly is the "proper" way to correct HP activities? I am looking for a tutorial with a sequence of steps that my teachers can follow. 

Typically they use courses created by other teachers, so the only access to the original is by updating the HP activity, downloading the file from the File Picker.  After they correct the file, and return to the course to update the HP activity - can they simply select the file in the file drag n drop box and delete it? Or do they select 'Add...' and select the revised HP file off their desktop and upload it? (I fear the old file will not be replaced?) 

Any suggestions and/or re-directs to other resources greatly appreciated! 

Penny 

Moodle version 2.3 running on MySQL

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Penny Pearson

Re: Correcting HotPot Activities within Moodle

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Rest assured that if you upload new files to Moodle, by dragging-and-dropping or selecting via the browser's file upload dialog box, they overwrite the old ones - usually you get a dialog box to confirm the overwriting.

There were a few issues with the HotPot module not always being aware that a file had been updated and continuing to display the old file content. However, hopefully those issues are fixed in the latest version of the module. Please update when you have a chance.

regards
Gordon