I can't access a public questionnaire (2.4)

I can't access a public questionnaire (2.4)

by Martin LaGrow -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,(

I'm in Moodle 2.4. I have followed the steps below with the following issues given in red. Am I missing something? Thanks!

1. Create a course that will simply be a shell for any public questionnaires. Give it whatever title you like. You can hide the course entirely.
  2. Create your questionnaire in this course. Be sure to select Public for the questionnaire type.
  3. Build all of the questionnaire questions in this public questionnaire.
  4. Navigate to the course where you want to place the questionnaire for respondents. (so far so good...)
  5. Select the option to add a questionnaire. Complete the creation screen. For Type, select Respond once. For Respondent Eligibility, select Students only (I can not change this setting. There's no dropbox, it says 'replaced by role overrides.' Could this be preventing it from working?) For Questionnaire type, select Private. Then select the public questionnaire you created in the other course. (Once I select Private under Advance Settings, I don't see any kind of prompt that allows me to find a public questionnaire. Is a pop-up supposed to appear or something?)
  6. After you save your changes, the same screen will appear. Note that the questionnaire type now says "Public," and the selected public questionnaire is shown below.
  7. Test it out! Student responses will appear in the original questionnaire, but will not be visible at all in the local questionnaire. Teachers will be able to preview the survey, but will not be able to respond to it or to view responses.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin LaGrow

Re: I can't access a public questionnaire (2.4)

by Steve Taylor -
Martin: I followed similar instructions and had the same confusion. When you create the second instance, the settings page should have a "Content options" area, where you can choose an existing publc questionnaire. (If you don't do this initially, you won't be able to go back and find this option later.) Despite the instructions you tried to follow, you won't be able to explicitly set the second instance to "private," but I would say that it's a moot issue.
In reply to Steve Taylor

by Martin LaGrow -

OK, this time I went back and I see the 'use public' option. Seems to me it didn't appear this way before--at any rate the directions are unclear. Thanks!

In reply to Martin LaGrow

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Steve and Martin,

Further to your legitimate questions in this discussion I will revise the documentation re the use of Public questionnaires, to make things even more clear.

Joseph