Questionnaire 2.5 version available in the Plugins Directory

Questionnaire 2.5 version available in the Plugins Directory

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Questionnaire 2.5 version is now available for download in the Plugins Directory. In fact, this first Questionnaire 2.5 version to be made publicly available is version 2.5.6, which just shows that quite a few preliminary minor versions have been going on on the github, due to the many new features made available.

Many thanks to testers, especially to Jenny Gray and colleagues from the Open University.

Translators with an AMOS access are welcome to complete the translation of the around 60 new strings.

Please report remarks, bugs, etc in this forum.

Enjoy!

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Questionnaire 2.5 version available in the Plugins Directory

by Joao Freitas -

Dear Joseph and Mike,

Thank you very much for this much wanted update! smile

Best regards,

João

Lisbon, Portugal

by James Henestofel -

Joseph,

Thank you very much for this update.

One question I have is.  We have an older version.  This older version had an issue where we had a public questionnaire we were using for a sitewide instructor evaluation.  We would then link to that public questionnaire in all our courses.  The issue was when importing the content into the courses the next term instead of staying linked to that one public questionnaire it would create a whole new public one.  From my quick testing it seems this has been fixed and publicly linked questionnaires are staying linked.  Am I right?

In reply to James Henestofel

by James Henestofel -

Nevermind,  I did some more testing and the questionnaire is still operating the same with regards to my last post.

by M. W. -

I just updated from Questionnaire 2.4 to this this version and now the polls are broken. :/

I've attached an image: At the top of every column you can see numbers from 1 to 5. Instead of having numbers, "very poor", "poor", "ok", "good" and "excellent" should be here. You can see that these are on the left side next to the table.

I compared the database dumps before and after update and it looks as if the data format for the polls has changed from something like "1=very poor" to "1::very poor". Is that somehow connected?

Thanks a lot for all your work!

Attachment broken-table.jpg
In reply to M. W.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi M. W. and thanks for your report. This does look like a serious bug, I will enquire as soon as possible and provide a fix.

Joseph

EDIT.- OK, I've identified the bug and will fix it promptly. In the meantime, as a workaround and if you do not have too many questions of that type, you could edit them and restore the wrongly replaced = signs in the "named degrees".

I suppose now you have

1::Very poor
2::poor
3::ok
4::good
5::excellent
Accomodation
Lunches
Dinners
Transport

replace with

1=Very poor
2=poor
3=ok
4=good
5=excellent
Accomodation
Lunches
Dinners
Transport

by M. W. -

I've reverted the update and will wait for your update now. Thanks a lot for your fast response! smile

In reply to M. W.

by Joseph Rézeau -

The bug is - hopefully - fixed in the new release of version 2.5.6 (build 2013100501). Please update and report here.

Thanks,

Joseph

by M. W. -

Dear Joseph,

thanks a lot, it works great now!
I just made a small modification to the code:
In questiontypes/questiontypes.class.php I changed line 1365, so that the table width is now 90% instead of 99.9%. But that's a personal flavor... smile
(Or is there a better place to change that?)

Thanks a lot again for your work! I really appreciate your fast response and all your effort you've put into the questionnaire plugin!