Permissions error in pdf feedback plugin

Permissions error in pdf feedback plugin

by Barbara Lawrence -
Number of replies: 2

I'm using  pdf submissions plugin version 2013061202 and pdf feedback plugin version 2013061200 in Moodle 2.4.4, with Windows 2008, Apache 2.2.23, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.3.22.

When I click the Annotate submission button (either as admin or teacher) , an error message is displayed.

after clicking ok I can go on to annotate the first page, but the annotations aren't retained if I generate the response file. I can give the assignment a grade, and give feedback...

From the log file:
[04-Oct-2013 16:33:00 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  Capability "mod/assignment:grade" was not found! This has to be fixed in code.<ul style="text-align: left"><li>line 377 of \lib\accesslib.php: call to debugging()</li><li>line 703 of \lib\accesslib.php: call to has_capability()</li><li>line 1277 of \mod\assign\feedback\pdf\locallib.php: call to require_capability()</li><li>line 50 of \mod\assign\feedback\pdf\updatecomment.php: call to assign_feedback_pdf->update_comment_page()</li></ul> in C:\Apache2\htdocs\moodle\lib\weblib.php on line 2925

[04-Oct-2013 16:33:00 Europe/London] Default exception handler: Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (mod/assignment:grade ???) Debug:

Error code: nopermissions
* line 704 of \lib\accesslib.php: required_capability_exception thrown
* line 1277 of \mod\assign\feedback\pdf\locallib.php: call to require_capability()
* line 50 of \mod\assign\feedback\pdf\updatecomment.php: call to assign_feedback_pdf->update_comment_page()

Please can you help me with this?  My staff will love this plugin when I get it working!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barbara Lawrence

Re: Permissions error in pdf feedback plugin

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for that - it was a definite typo on my behalf.

I am, however, a little surprised that the capability mod/assignment:grade isn't defined on your site - have you completely deleted the old Assignment 2.2 from the code (it's still there as standard in the Moodle 2.5 code, so the capability you mention would normally still exist, even though I should have been using 'mod/assign:grade' instead).

I've fixed the code on github and will roll out a release to Moodle.org ASAP.

In reply to Davo Smith

Re: Permissions error in pdf feedback plugin

by Barbara Lawrence -

Davo, thank you for fixing that so promptly. And yes, I had deleted the old assignment module.