Assignments - cannot see student names?

Assignments - cannot see student names?

by marc helfano -
Number of replies: 4

hi, im new to using v2.5.1

ive created a simple assignment, with instruction, and the student need to upload a file.

when i look at the 'view/grade submission', 2 things..

a. i dont see any names of the students, only 'participant 88' and such.

b. also, im not using the gradebook in moodle, as yet, so how can io turn off the grading portion?

i tried to look at the assignment, editing it, and i didnt see any options... but i do need to see their names..

thanks all

Average of ratings: -
In reply to marc helfano

Re: Assignments - cannot see student names?

by marc helfano -

I've got this resolved. thanks

In reply to marc helfano

by Wahyu Sardjono -

Hello marc h,

I am also has the same problem... may I know... how to solve that problem.. Thank you.

Best regards,
Wahyu.

In reply to Wahyu Sardjono

by Rob Woof -

Hi Wahyu,

In the assignment settings, look for the setting called "Blind marking". This hides student identities from graders/teachers. It is probably set to "Yes". Switch it to "No" and save changes.

There is also a switch "Reveal identities" which is a companion setting to Blind Marking. The idea is that institutions that use Blind Marking may have a process whereby once marking is complete the identities are revealed so that discussion and teaching can proceed with the teacher(s) knowing which problems or issues apply to which student(s).

HTH

Rob

PS: Marc, if you ask a question and then tell us you solved it yourself, it is helpful to others if you also tell us HOW you solved it yourself. big grin

In reply to Rob Woof

by Wahyu Sardjono -

Hi rob,

Thank you for your attention ..

I Just review my assignment setting, but I am not find yet the blind marking setting as follow your information,  Can you describe it? Thank You.

Brgds,
Wahyu Sardjono.