Finding users not in a group

Finding users not in a group

by Emma Duke-Williams -
Number of replies: 3

We've got Moodle 2.4 ... When we had WebCT, I'd quite often use the ability to search the students & find those not in a group - however, it seems that it's not possible to do it in Moodle. 

The nearest I get is to look at the Enrolled users list, and look down the group column, to see who's not in a group. As that column isn't sortable, I can't use it to get them all at the end/beginning, and creating of groups doesn't let you find those not in a group. (I appreciate that when groupings are in use, it's possible that a student may be in a group in the "classwork" grouping, but not in a group in the "homework" grouping - so it would probably be necessary to include the grouping as well as the group. 

Is there a plugin for it that I've yet to find?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emma Duke-Williams

Re: Finding users not in a group

by Paula Clough -

Perhaps when working on the groups in the adding/removing members stage, you can look at the number in parenthesis and see if there are some which don't look correct would help.  (0) when everyone should have one group or (2) when they should be in two groups already.

Paula cool

Attachment groups.png
In reply to Paula Clough

by Emma Duke-Williams -

That would work for smaller cohorts, but it's when I have a large number of students to look at & it just says there are too many to list that the problem arises. 

For the smaller numbers, I can just skim down the user list & see that way if anyone doesn't have a group name next to them. 

In reply to Emma Duke-Williams

by Kim Salinas -
Picture of Testers

Emma, would the group overview help you at all? Users->Groups->Overview tab

Just a thought wink