Quiz error, any advice?

Quiz error, any advice?

by J Green -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

We have recently upgraded from 1.9 to 2.5 and have run into an error when trying to open a quiz written before the upgrade.

We are unable to open the quiz and get the following error:

"Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: This behaviour (deferredfeedback) cannot work with this question (qtype_essay_question)"

Tests that were written post upgrade are ok. 

Has anyone experienced this error before or have a suggestion for a work around so that we can open the quiz and grade it?

Thanks,

Jon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J Green

Re: Quiz error, any advice?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Somethign went wrong during the upgrade. Can you give any details of how the upgrade was done? Do you have the lots from the upgrade? Do they contain any errors?

The only way to repair the problem is to directly edit the data in the database. In the question_attempts table, for the rows the relate to essay questions, the value in the behaviour column should be manualgraded, not deferredfeedback. It should be enough jsut to change those values, then the review should work, but I strongly advice you to experiment on a test server before chaning you live system.

(DB structure described here: http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Overview_of_the_Moodle_question_engine#Database_tables )

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Quiz error, any advice?

by J Green -

Hi Tim,

I don't have access to the logs.

I'll look into editing the data, thanks for the advice!