Guests see subscribed students

Guests see subscribed students

by Michael Iscool -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I use Paypal subscriptions plugin to sell courses.

Unfortunately, the list of all enrolled students is dispalayed to other students and guests on the enrollment options (subscriptions) page.

How can I conceal this sensetive information from being displayed publicly?

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Iscool

Re: Guests see subscribed students

by Purnendu Dash -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Michael,

It is possible that the guest permissions in your Moodle instance have changed. This might be one of the reasons why other students and guests are able to see the list of all students enrolled into your courses.

You may consider resetting the permissions for the user role "Guest" from the site map given below.

Home ► Site administration ► Users ► Permissions ► Define roles

Try this and let me know if it worked.

Have a good day.

Warm Regards,

Purnendu (developer)

DualCube

In reply to Purnendu Dash

by Michael Iscool -

Dear Purnendu,

As you advised us we have rolled back to guest role defaults, but it didn't resolve the problem.

What other options are available to us?

Here is a screencap of the issue.

Thank you.

Attachment Guest View.png
In reply to Michael Iscool

by Purnendu Dash -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Michael,

Your mail reflects that you’ve followed our suggestion. But there’s a confusion with the screen shot you’ve shared. There’s some difficulty in understanding the screenshot given in your post. The screenshot should ideally show the name of teachers instead of students. But I believe your original problem was the display of the names of students enrolled into the paid courses. Let me share the screenshot again with you for further reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Purnendu (developer)

DualCube

by Michael Iscool -

Hello!

Just to clear things up, here is a recap of the situation:

In the screenshot I sent, the red box shows the problem - names of enrolled students. That is how guests and students see the paypal subscriptions page. I would like to hide that sensetive infromation from both guests and students. The guest role reset didn't work. Is there any other way to fix it?

Please find the same screenshot enclosed

Thank you

by Michael Iscool -

Hello!

Just to clear things up, here is a recap of the situation:

In the screenshot I sent, the red box shows the problem - names of enrolled students. That is how guests and students see the paypal subscriptions page. I would like to hide that sensetive infromation from both guests and students. The guest role reset didn't work. Is there any other way to fix it?

Please find the same screenshot enclosed

Thank you