newly created user in ldap from moodle cannot login

newly created user in ldap from moodle cannot login

by deepak kumar -
Number of replies: 3

hi all,

i have set up open ldap in mint os (linux). i can authenticate  user from ldap but when i created new user in moodle with authentication  in ldap new user can not access it . new user is not created in ldap . i am struggling in for 2 day and can not find ans in web. 

i am using moodle 2.5

thanks,

deepak

Average of ratings: -
In reply to deepak kumar

Re: newly created user in ldap from moodle cannot login

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

The nature/purpose of AD in Windows (in particular) and the fact that AD is used to 'control' access to printers/other network resources, etc. are you sure you'd want LDAP (which is authentication) in Moodle be allowed to create accounts in AD/LDAP?  Would think twice about that!  Any security issue in Moodle could mean spammers/un-desired users in your LDAP and AD.

My 2 cents, of course.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by deepak kumar -

yes,

i am creating user from create user as admin from inside moodle but these user are not able to login.

thanks.

deepak kumar

In reply to deepak kumar

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Assume, despite warnings about the potential problems allowing Moodle UI to create users in AD/LDAP, that you are using M$ AD/LDAP.  If you have the LDAP info correctly entered into Moodle, can another user whose account authenticates via LDAP login?

Got command line?  There is a command line script that can sync LDAP users into Moodle.  moodlecodedir/auth/ldap/cli/ and it's called sync_users.php.  No parameters need be given the script as it reads the LDAP information from Moodle config.

You are going to have to check both ends ... Moodle error logs AND the logs of your LDAP server.  If you don't admin the LDAP server contact server admin.   Could be the bind user setup in Moodle doesn't have permissions to create new accounts.

'spirit of sharing', Ken