Short comprehension with short answers

Short comprehension with short answers

by Nicole Butcher -
Number of replies: 2

I am very new to Moodle and I would like to create a course which allows the student to read a short comprehension and provide short answer questions.  And have the test corrected after the student completes the course.

basically the heading will be for each question

Read the passage below and answer the question that follows

Can anyone please assist,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nicole Butcher

Re: Short comprehension with short answers

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Nicole

Yes it is possible through quiz. You can add quiz in your course and then add questions in it. For writing a comprehension paragraph you can use "Description" as a question type. And further add short questions under it.  Don't set the question display order as random. Refer http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Quiz_module

In reply to Nicole Butcher

Re: Short comprehension with short answers

by Paul Nijbakker -

Hi Nicole,

To me the tool par excellence for text comprehension is the Lesson activity, which allows you to make a cluster or even a maze of text parts or paragraphs connected by questions, with the students' answers determining their route through the material.

Just the part about postponing the grading (if I understand that is what you mean by "have the test corrected after the student completes the course") cannot be done with the lesson tool. The question is why you would want that?

Rgrds,
Paul.