Resource icon puzzle

Resource icon puzzle

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Just a small but puzzling problem on our Moodle site (1.4.4) - the use of a variety of icons to represent a "link to a website" resource. I can't understand why a "link to a website" resource sometimes has a resource icon thoughtful... occasionally has an html icon smile... and very occasionally has a page icon surprise

I would be very grateful if anyone could explain how to ensure a html icon is displayed for all "link to a website" resources.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Resource icon puzzle

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Not all web sites are HTML smile

If you link to a URL which is a PDF document, for example, or a .swf file, then the icon reflects that too.

Likewise, any URL or internal file ending in .html or .htm will always show the HTML page icon.

Any external URL that is indeterminate (eg http://yahoo.com) shows the world icon (web site icon) instead.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Matt Cromwell -
Or when you link to a Questionnaire... you get "Questionnaire" no icon at all. How do I fix that? It really messes up the alignment of the other links
In reply to Matt Cromwell

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In reply to Helen Foster

by Matt Cromwell -
I actually had already viewed that post but it just wasn't working right.mixed
I tried:
"/pix/f/"  and
"/theme/customtheme/pix/f/" and
"theme/customtheme/mod/questionnaire/"

but the trick in the end was that my icon was named "questionnaire.gif" and NOT "icon.gif" and placed in:
"theme/customtheme/mod/questionnaire/"

So in the end, the trusty Forums (and trial and error) make it all happen again! Thanks gang!