Having trouble with bullet alighment and image wrap Moodle 2.3

Having trouble with bullet alighment and image wrap Moodle 2.3

by JoAnne Noël -
Number of replies: 1

I have some small icons being inserted as images.  They work fine with text aligned left, but when I try to align bullets, the bullets won't line up the same as the regular lines of text--they are too close. I can't get the bullets to  give the image its space! 

The first screen shot is an example...You can see the first two lines of text line up nicely, with the buffer around the image. (I've set it to 10 px, as the second screen shot shows.)  Then when I start the bullets, they push right over to the margin of the image.  I tried indenting the bullets further with the tab button, but when I save it, it reverts to no vertical space between image and bullet. It's not just this instance, but throughout my course (and I've been added extraneous lines of "filler" text to avoid the problem, but I hate sacrificing content for form!)

Is there something I can do with my bullets to make them recognize the space beside the image?

Attachment Unit 3 bullet position capture.PNG
Attachment Unit 3 image settings capture.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to JoAnne Noël

Re: Having trouble with bullet alignment and image wrap Moodle 2.3

by JoAnne Noël -

In case anyone else is trying to sort this, I'll post my work-around.

Apparently the tag for bullets isn't treated like text.  I didn't know that, not having any coding experience.  What I've done is get rid of the automatic bullet structure and enter it as text.  So instead of tagging it as a bullet, I manually spaced it in to line up with the bullet indent, then I inserted the bullet symbol from the special characters list, then added a couple more spaces. 

Of course if my bullet text gets long, the wrap is going to be wonky because it's not a true hanging indent.  And the bullet character is smaller than the standard bullet, but when I try to change the text size on that character alone, it respaces my lines with enough space to accommodate the larger text.  (Effectively messing up my paragraph style.)  So lesser of two evils is to have a smaller bullet.