viewing and manual scoring

viewing and manual scoring

by M Gordon -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

I've been reading through here and trying to see if anyone else has asked about these issues yet.  I apologize if I'm duplicating questions.  I'll just explain what I'd like to do and see if it makes sense to anybody else. 

I'm trying to turn paper workbook exercises into a basic assignment exercise in moodle using hotpot 6.3.0.5 (I've searched high and low, there is no cartridge for the workbook).  I'm not actually transcribing all the questions in.  I simply wish to have exercises that list question numbers, followed by a blank for entry.  I need to be able to manually grade these though as a few questions are short answer and the variables are endless for wording.  I'd rather not skip them if I don't have to.

Is it possible to do this using jcloze or jquiz?  Right now, the ones I have created won't allow me to manually grade when needed (or I haven't figured out how).  I'm also finding on the jcloze test runs that even though the settings indicate grading for "1st attempt", "attempts allowed "1", and allow review "Yes", that my test student account can hint or skip questions and cannot go back to review them once the exercise is closed.  I cannot manually grade answers on jcloze or jquiz, but I did figure out how to see the entered answers thanks to a post below. 

I'll leave it at this for now and see if anyone has any suggestions of how I can go about this. 

Thanks for taking the time,

Marcia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to M Gordon

Re: viewing and manual scoring

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

HI Marcia,
Hot Potatoes exercises don't allow manual grading so you may need to rethink.

Maybe one of the question type in the standard Moodle Quiz module could handle the kind of assignment you describe.

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by M Gordon -

Ok, thank you smile

If I remove the ones that do not have cut and dry answers, is there a way to set it up so the students can review their work later.  I have review set to Yes, but it doesn't seem to be working.  Once they close the exercise, it won't let them look at it again.

In reply to M Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think students should be able to review their HotPot attempts if they look at the HotPot reports. Click on the score for a HotPot attempt and Moodle will show you the responses to individual questions. However, the questions and answers are formatted differently from they how they appear in the original Hot Potatoes exercise, so your students may be confused.

The standard Quiz module probably offers a clearer presentation of answers for review.

regards
Gordon