Essential Theme - Klingon 'Marketing Spots' images

Essential Theme - Klingon 'Marketing Spots' images

by seaghan moriarty -
Number of replies: 9

What a great theme - thanks! smile

I have cleared all the titles and text from the 3 'Marketing Spots'. I have also clicked on, and 'deleted' each image. However the 3 images persist (title and text and URL dissappear as expected). How can I remove these Klingons?

I have enabled 'Designer Mode' to ensure it is not cache. I have also cleared my own cache etc.

Question: Can anyone suggest anything else to try?  thanks!

Attachment ScreenshotDeleteMarketingSpotsImages.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to seaghan moriarty

Re: Essential Theme - Klingon 'Marketing Spots' images

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

I've noticed this happening with my own themes, so possibly will affect 'Clean' as well.  I'm not sure if the core code is noticing a setting change and therefore not doing a purge of the theme caches.  Need to investigate.

In the mean time, try deleting the file, saving the setting then doing a 'Purge all caches' -> http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Purge_all_cache.

Cheers,

Gareth

P.S. Mary / Richard - is it worth having a permanent link to 'Purge all caches' at the top of the forum?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Gareth,

Mary and Miriam had a block of useful information and links at the top of the forum (not sure if that was one of them) before the forums were consolidated a few months ago and the information block was reduced to what is there now. 

Maybe a top pointer in the developing a theme, or themes faq pages smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by seaghan moriarty -

Oh, the embarassment!

It is a drop-down option near the top of the page. You can simply turn OFF these spots

cf screenshot smile

Attachment ScreenshotDeleteMarketingSpotsImages2.png

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Although you can turn off the Marketing spots, you cann't get rid of the image, which is a BUG and currently being tracked in MDL-41702.

cheers

Mary

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

No as we are restricted in how much useful info we can add. It's all gone corporate smile

I added info to a Moodle doc for Purge all cache but spelled it wrong hence the missing 's' I don't really know why they say caches as cache is plural. It's like 'sheep' and 'sheep'.

To add links to docs just enclose the title of the doc in double square brackets [ [  and  ] ] like so...

[ [ Purge all cache ] ]

Hope that helped.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Mary, I did not know that smile - time to make like a shepherd smile

by Bob Puffer -

Happened to me so I went into the mdl_config_plugins table and searched for plugin LIKE %essential% and cleared out the marketing1image value field, etc.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Julian Ridden -

No need for the fancy Table work there Bob. As the screenshot shows above you can just turn them off if need be.

Julian

In reply to Julian Ridden

by Bob Puffer -

Absolutely agree, Julian -- in my case I still wanted to use the marketing spots but didn't want any images but instead wanted to place my own images into the editor so I could have all text and all images linked to the target.  Needed some additional custom css in order to hide the arrow.