Restoring comments

Restoring comments

by Ross Manson -
Number of replies: 2
I have a course backup (including user data) which contains a substantial Database activity on a Moodle 2.2.5 installation. I need to restore this as a new course to a different installation - Moodle 2.4.6. The restore works perfectly, and the database fields, records, templates and presets are all fine. But comments don't seem to restore. The database contains 1128 records and many thousands of comments - it's not something I can afford to lose. The comments.xml for this database activity is intact in the .mbz file. But try as I might, the comments just won't appear. I'm stumped. All suggestions welcome.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ross Manson

Re: Restoring comments

by Adrian Greeve -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers

There is an issue in the tracker for this problem (which you reported smile) MDL-41772. There is a fix there for Moodle 2.4 so hopefully all you need to do is upgrade to that version.

I'm fairly certain that the original backup contains the comments to the database activity, so you just need to try restoring the file again.

In reply to Adrian Greeve

Re: Restoring comments

by Ross Manson -
Thanks Andrew.

That was me who raised the issue on tracker.

I had to wait a week or two to update the Moodle instance. It worked perfectly.

I much appreciate your work on the fix.