How can I stop grades form being hidden in gradebook?

How can I stop grades form being hidden in gradebook?

by Sharon R -
Number of replies: 1

I am Moodle admin for school system. We have upgraded to Moodle 2.5 and the Gradebook behavior is different from 1.9 with regards to hiding items.

When teachers hide items (units) on their course page it is ALSO hiding the grade (units) in the Grade book. This never happened before. One did not affect the other.

Can someone tell me how to fix this?  We need to hide complete units on the course home page (completed units or units the student does not need to do), but show ALL grades in the Gradebook.

I know I can unhide each individual assignment in the Gradebook, but that is way too time consuming for every assignment.

I would appreciate any thoughts here of things I can try. Is this an overall setting somewhere in Moodle?

thanks!!

In reply to Sharon R

Re: How can I stop grades form being hidden in gradebook?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

There is an option in the gradebook settings that allows you to still show grades from hidden assignments.  

That being said, I have also seen some posts where it might not be working correctly...