Re-ordering sections

Re-ordering sections

by Rick Hatton -
Number of replies: 3

I have tried re-ordering sections by using the hand on the cross in the upper left hand corner of the section to drag the section to a new location. I am rarely successful. What usually happens is that the contents of one section replaces that of the second, with the title remaining the same. For instance if I drag section ZZZZ above Topic BBB the title stay the same but the content changes.

Anyone know what I may be doing wrong, or another way to reorder sections?

Any and all help appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rick Hatton

Re: Re-ordering sections

by Paul P. -

This is a known issue and has been plaguing moodle users for just over a year (see MDL-34209)

The good news is that just last week a potential fix was posted.  Let's hope it makes its way through testing and integration soon.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Paul P.

Re: Re-ordering sections

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Paul, thanks for posting a link to the report of the problem in the tracker - very helpful.

Rick, and anyone else interested, if you'd like to receive email notification of when the issue is fixed, you can add yourself as a watcher, as described in the tracker introductory guide.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)