Feedbackproblem in the assignment module

Feedbackproblem in the assignment module

by Gunilla Brattberg -
Number of replies: 4

I have upgraded my Moodleinstalltion to 2.2.9 and now the student isn´t able to see my feedback in the assignment module. In my earlier installation (1.9) this was no problem. I can´t find any setting which control the students ability to see the feedback. What do I have to do to get it function?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gunilla Brattberg

Svar: Feedbackproblem in the assignment module

by Gunilla Brattberg -

In the assignment module I have set "comments in the document" to yes but when I comment the students´submitted answer the student isn´t able to see my comments/feedback. Why??

Re: Svar: Feedbackproblem in the assignment module

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Gunilla

Comments and feedback are different in assignment. Please specify clearly whether you are writing comments or feedback. If you are writing comments then you need to enable it from Settings > Site administration > Advanced features > Enable comments.

Svar: Feedbackproblem in the assignment module

by Gunilla Brattberg -

I write in the feedback area of the students submission where I see the students´text and can give my feedback in this text with Another color.

I have done that for years in my 1.9 installation without problems but after I have upgraded to 2.2.2 the student is unable to see what I write.

Re: Feedbackproblem in the assignment module

by Frances McIlwaine -

Hi Gunilla,

I have had exactly the same problem - we upgraded from 1.9.x to 2.2.11.  We use online text assignment as a learner diary. Learners had no problem seeing the tutor feedback prior to upgrading but after upgrading nothing was visible. I now appear to have fixed it.  I just started playing around with different settings and changed the grade from 'No grade' to 100. Then, for each learner where I have given feedback I awarded 10%. Now everyone can see the feedback. I really don't understand why this should make such a difference but I am just so glad to get it working again.