UK FE Colleges - Q Projects

UK FE Colleges - Q Projects

by Andy Diament -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all

Sorry this is aimed at the UK FE sector.

Q projects are short projects to allow practitioners to develop eLearning ILT skills and material. Funded by the Learning and Skills Development Agency, they provide cash (up to £1000 per project, or £1500 per college taking part in a collaborative project). The projects are distributed on DVD's to all FE colleges; 2 such DVD's are probably in your college already. Further details at http://ferl.becta.org.uk/display.cfm?resID=9851, for the 2005/6 round. Your staff development manager probably has details.

I took part in one last year, and developed a complete moodle course (AS Physics, covering inforamtion and communication) - it can be found on the round 2 DVD. It was hard work, very rewarding and left me with a resource I can use year after year.

So, to the point of this post. Apart from encouraging you, or any practitioners you know, is there anyone intersted in collaborating on a moodle related venture. I've thought about:

• ePortfolios, e.g. for key skills
  • Developing a substantial course for a specific topic, too large for one person
  • Incorporating (and maybe editing) NLN materials
  • Online course that really use the social constructuvist/constructionist philosophy
  • High quality exam revision materials
  • Anything else you might be interested in

Note, this is not about developing new moodle modules, but using what is available in the current version (I'm expecting 1.5 to be  on stream - I was able to exploit new functionality, like glossaries and lessons over the lifetime of my project).

Any interest?

Andy D

Average of ratings: -